Responsible for support of Project Manager and Superintendent to help ensure proper management and control of the total project scope as defined in the contract documents. The Project Engineer reports directly to and is accountable to the Project Manager.
Requirements & responsibilities (As assigned by Project Manager):
- Highly organized, exacting, and detail oriented.
- Ability to be self-sufficient in order to work productively alone or in a group setting.
- 5-10 years of construction field experience is preferred, particularly in electrical construction
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Bluebeam software.
- Preview shop drawings for general conformance (dimensions/Materials/etc) prior to Project Manager review
- Procurement activities tracking with project manager (materials, equipment and minor subcontracts).
- Submittal processing. Maintain submittal log, procurement log, etc.
- Create close-out schedule and maintain close-out documents.
- Scheduling updates as directed by project manager.
- Job related errands.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) in a respectful, professional manner on a regular basis with management and co-workers within the company as well as vendors.
- Communication with subcontractors / suppliers as needed for submittals.
- Maintenance of RFI process including writing of RFIs. May be based in the main office or at a jobsite.
Benefits: including medical, dental, and vision, 401K program